Why did the conference committee choose University of Utah?
- University of Utah was one the hosts for the 2002 Winter Olympics. The campus was upgraded and expanded to include many features and amenities that make it a perfect venue to hold a conference.
- Its beautiful campus is home to one of the nation’s preeminent botanical gardens located on 100 acres in the foothills and featuring over 5 miles of hiking trails.
- It is quickly and inexpensively accessed from Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Transportation: TRAX light rail system from the Airport and other Salt Lake City areas for $2.50 per way; free on-campus shuttle.
- A reasonably priced on site hotel, excellent food services, and over 35,000 square feet of meeting space allows for convenience and affordability.
Where can I find information about the venue?
Please click here: http://nahaconference.com/speaker-topics/dates-location
How do I get to the conference from the airport?
Please click here: http://nahaconference.com/travel-hotel/flying-in
Where can I see the conference schedule?
Please click here: http://nahaconference.com/speaker-topics/conference-schedule
Where can I find information about the trade show?
Please click here: http://nahaconference.com/about/exhibitors
Can the public attend the trade show?
Yes, the trade show is free to the public. Lectures and workshops require registration.
Can I bring my friend, spouse or child to lectures and workshops?
Unless other arrangements have been made, all lectures and workshops require registration.
Where can I find information on the post-conference workshops:
Please click here: http://nahaconference.com/post-conference-workshops
Are the post-conference workshops included in the price?
No, post-conference workshops are sold separately.
Are meals included in the price?
All conference passes include a buffet lunch and dinner. Breakfast is included with University Guest House reservations. Full conference passes also include the Gala Banquet, evening social and dance! If you purchased a 1 or 2 day pass, you may add on the Gala Banquet for $50.00.
Can I purchase meal tickets separately?
Conference meal tickets are not available separately, however you can purchase meals at the cafeteria and campus restaurants. Tickets to the Gala Banquet, evening social and dance may be purchased separately for $50.00 while seats last.
Where will meals be served?
- If you are staying at the University Guest House, breakfast will be served there.
- All other meals except for the Gala Banquet will be served at the Officer’s Club, just south of the University Guest House.
- The venue for the Gala Banquet will be announced.
Will vegetarian and allergy free food options be available:
Buffet meals will offer a variety of foods. We will do our best to offer options for everyone, however it is the responsibility of individuals with food allergies to determine the suitability of food being served for themselves. Please contact the University dining services with any questions you may have: 801-581-7257.
Is lodging included in the price?
No, lodging must be purchased separately. Please see: http://nahaconference.com/travel-hotel/hotels
Can I record or take photos at the conference?
- Recording by attendees is not allowed. Recordings will be available for purchase after the conference.
- Flash free photography is allowed.
What is the proper attire for the conference?
- For lectures and workshops: business casual to professional. Please no shorts.
- For the gala banquet, AGM, social and dance: dressy casual to semi-formal.
What will the weather be like?
Salt Lake City’s October weather typically varies from 60-75 degrees F
What should I bring with me?
- A jacket in case of rain or chilly weather.
- A good pair of hiking shoes and socks if you would like to enjoy the beautiful hiking trails in the area.
- Dancing shoes.